Hey fiance/stranger/acquaintance/friend/my mom! If you're the last one of these, yes, I will watch for deer. If you're the first one of these, CONGRATS because you're GETTING MARRIED SOON! That deserves a big hell yeah. And you deserve a great photographer to document it all for years to come. So look around, get to know me, and please reach out so I can get to know you, too!
Gah - Where do I start?! A wedding day is so full of love, hopes and dreams, fleeting moments that are gone WAY TOO FREAKING FAST. [Everyone tells you how quickly your wedding day will go by. You'll roll your eyes. But - IT'S TRUE.] There will be moments you remember for a lifetime and others you didn't even know happened. A good wedding photographer is there to document all of that good shit for you to cherish for the rest of your lives. And your kids' lives. And your grandkids' lives. Ever pick up an old photo of your grandparents and you can almost feel what they were like at your age? Like, come on. How freaking cool is that. It's a piece of paper. I can barely get over how that makes me feel about my own family members that went before me.
To be fully honest, my other favorite part of photographing humans in general, is showing them way the world sees them. We have such a penchant for seeing the worst/(perceived) flaws in ourselves. I fully believe that photos taken by a professional give you an incredible window to see yourself as your loved ones do. Am I making sense?
As if the www doesn’t have enough of my data already…
Facts and Feelings:
- Originally from "the country" (aka a super-small WI town) but have been living in Minneapolis for the past 10 years.
- I married my best friend Taylor in 2019. We met on Instagram and I'm not sorry about it. :)
- The best part about takeout ramen is THE CONTAINER. A gift that keeps on giving.
- I hate to wait for anything. Can my hair appointment be today? Will shipping take longer than 45 minutes? (Unless I’m sitting at a bar already sippin’ a cocktail. Then I’ll wait for literally hours.)
- I love cooking but chronically underestimate the time I will take chopping, searing, singing to my dog, and scrolling through Instagram, resulting in an average dinner ETA of 10:00 p.m. (yeah even on weeknights). All of which I justify by a single sentence - "You know, this is how Europeans do it”.
- My version of escapism is watching YouTube videos of places I’ll likely never go, and filling tens of online shopping carts with stuff I’ll likely never buy.
- I enjoy trip planning just about as much as the trip itself. I'll happily enjoy a mai tai at a tiki bar in my head. Then do it all again in real life.
- We adopted a retired racing greyhound named Apollo (see below). He cute. I can go on for hours about how great greyhounds are. Any interest? Check out Greyhound Pets of America - MN and contact me so I can buy you a drink and tell you about how they're the best animal on earth.
- I was gifted my first camera by my dad when I was in college. I've never looked back.
“Megan was a total dream from start to finish. She started by finding our shoot local, which took all the pressure off of me. I know it sounds like a little thing, but it was so nice just to be able to show up and know she’s picked a good spot (especially because we weren’t in a familiar setting!). My fiancé and I were nervous about taking our engagement pictures – neither one of us are very comfortable in front of the camera. Not only did Megan put us right at ease, she helped us find flattering poses while helping us feel natural. We actually had a blast! I mean, if your photographer is willing to chase waves with you like a game of Frogger, you know you’re in good company. And the pictures? Amazing. Insane, jaw-dropping, gorgeous shots. Megan made two not photogenic people look like models. She edited an incredible number of pictures, blowing the idea of “quality or quantity” out of the water. If you want to have a great time during your session, if you want to feel comfortable with your photographer, and most importantly if you want pictures that will blow you away: choose Megan of Rebel Rabbit Photography.”
“As a working creative, I was hesitant to even invest in an engagement photographer (soon to be wedding photographer) but Megan was a no-brainer. I was interested to see how she could make our photos stand out, and she absolutely blew me away with not only her style, but also her ability to embrace our style. I’m one of those people that decided a long time ago that I’ll probably just have to give up on any expectations of photos, and that I’ll always sort of hate the way I look, but she actually made me look super badass. Also, my fiance is a fox, so there was a lot of pressure on me to look good. The location was brilliant, the color composition was impeccable, and the experience was actually very very easy. I’m STOKED to see the wedding ones too. Megan made the anticipation for my wedding exciting, but she was also able to capture our love on camera (that’s literally the cheesiest thing I’ve ever said, but hey). Thank you, Megan, and you have my #1 referral.”
“We loved working with Megan. We planned our wedding with VERY short notice and she was always prompt with her responses and made us feel very comfortable in choosing her right away. We love our photos and have gotten so many compliments. She did a wonderful job and we’re so happy and thankful for such a great experience!”